Documents required for import export license. IEC Code
Importer Exporter Code (IEC) is a ten digit number granted by Directorate General of Foreign Trade under Ministry of Commerce and Industry, to any bonafide person/ company for carrying out import/export.
For obtaining Import Export Licence in India you need to do following steps:
1) Documentation: The very first step is collecting four mandatory documents and they are
- Scanned Copy of Identity Proof (Voter ID, Passport, Driving Licence , Aadhaar Card)
- Scanned Copy of PAN Card (Image should have both side of PAN)
- Scanned Passport Size Photograph
- Scanned Cancelled Cheque
2) Digital Signature: You need to carry digital signature to file for IEC code online.
3) Setup Account: You must create an account on www.dgft.gov.in by using your mobile and E-Mail, after that start filling the ANF form.
4) Upload Documents: Upload all the documents. Format should be correct so that it does not get rejected.
5) Government Fees: After you are done with above mentioned formalities, it’s time to pay Government fees for that you must have Net Banking Account.
6) Print IEC Application: Once the application is completed in all respect, you can take the printout of IEC by pressing PRINT button.
7) Submit IEC Application to Regional Authority: After the Printout next is you have to submit application to regional Authority office which you can select from drop-down available options.
8) Keep Track: Keep tracking your application status to know Approval or Rejection.
IEC files get rejected number of times and for every new submission the fees is required to be paid hence make sure scanned documents are correct and properly visible and also details are filled truly.
You need to have Net Banking Account with any one following designated banks:
- ICICI Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Bank Of India
- State Bank Of India
- Central Bank Of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Axis Bank/UTI
- Union Bank Of India
The size of individual scanned document requires to be submit online in gif /pdf format and should not exceed 300 KB.